To be very honest, last year in May 2013 I didn’t cast my vote. Reason being I don’t trust this corrupt system and completely reject this, but still since our so called leaders have imposed this on us without our will and somewhat we are responsible for this, by one way or the other we get bitten anyway, the other day during when Imran Khan announced and urged Pakistanis to start Civil Disobedience campaign, I instantly liked and loved the whole idea, here is why
Why Civil Disobedience?
• I have to install UPS systems or generators to ensure my fans keep running when I am asleep.
• I have to buy mineral water because the tap water is so infected that it can’t be used without treatment. Or if I am out luck, I won’t even have tap water and will have to buy tankers..
• When I get sick, I have to visit expensive private hospitals because government hospitals neither have the equipment nor the doctors.
• I have to go to private schools because the government schools are either ghost schools, or are so sub standard that they just won’t serve the purpose of education.
• I have to take private car to commute because I don’t have decent government run public transport.
• I have to travel by private airlines when going abroad because PIA keeps getting banned on major international airports.
• When there is a casualty, I automatically dial Edhi or Chippa because government run ambulances simply don’t exist in my country.
• The list is never ending. The point is, if I must do everything myself, why the hell should I pay my taxes?!